cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MABS_Sumon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recovery partition disappeared

Hello everybody,

I'm using "HP G62x-400 CTO Notebook PC". Yesterday I installed "Powerquest Partition Magic 8.0". As it was incompatitable, uninstalled it. After that, I found my Recovery partition disappeared. I found the partition in Disk Management section of Win7 (My Computer[right click]> Manage> Disk Management) without any drive letter. I tried to set a drive letter it show following message:

1.png

2.png

After that, I installed "EaseUS Partition Master 9.1.1 Home Edition". This software also shows the partition without any drive letter. It also shows the used and unused percentage of the partition, which means no data was removed. When I tried to set a drive letter it show the following error (Mounting volume failed). I've restart the windows several times and tried but failed.

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Any one please help, how to recover the partition and the data.

Thanks,

Siddique

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
283 271 21 35
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the size of the partition which doesn't have the drive letter?

This really means that the applications you installed might have accidentaly corrupted the recovery partition if not removed it.

The only solution we could provide is to order Recovery dsics from HP.

Let us know for more!

"I work for HP."
Click the Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem

Regards
Sreenag
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MABS_Sumon Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please see the images 3rd - 6th. "*:Recovery" is the partition, neither it was deleted nor its data. only the drive letter is missing. don't know how and why. also don't know how to recover.

Thanks for reply,

Siddique

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
283 271 21 35
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

May I know the size of the partition with out the drive letter?

Usually it will be not more than couble MB if the files of the partition is corrupted.

Let us know for more!

"I work for HP."
Click the Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem

Regards
Sreenag
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In Windows 7

Start --> All Programs --> HP --> Recovery Manager

Win7RecovMgr.PNG

If this still exists in you Windows 7 desktop you should be able to perform a Factory Image recovery and return your notebook to its delivered condition. The recovery will recreate the partitions. 

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation