Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Recoving my laptop

HP Recommended
Hp 4530s
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
PLEASE HELP my friend tried to activate my other 3 processes by pressing "windows button+R" and typing misconfig he went on 4 from 1 processes and note he dn't tick permanent after applying and pressing done we restarted the laptop now it's been bringing "repairing pc" then diagnosing pc then restarts and finally brings a sky blue screen saying pc AUTOMATIC REPAIR your pc did not start correctly anyknowany known solution please
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,600 9,505 767 3,528
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Triggakenny

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting !

This is happening because the computer cannot successfully and fully load Windows. Probaby enabling these processes (autoruns) to start was a bad idea.

Here is a way to revert the changes:

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F11 for System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Every HP computer with OEM Windows preinstalled comes with recovery partition present to assist in tough moments.

Please, perform "System Restore" first in an attempt to fix the issue. Please, restore back to previous days (restore point) where the issue was not present. Here is more info about it:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545#AbT5

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Your feedback and update are important.
Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks

I work for HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only and do not speak for HP *** Volunteer *** My location: Europe ***
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply,after going to the startup menu there is no no f11 it jumps from f10 to f12,though I tried restoring it befor using troubleshoot/advanced options/system restore and I still tried now but still the same what Do I do next?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,600 9,505 767 3,528
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

F11 is present and works only if:

- the computer came with Windows preinstalled by HP (OEM Windows)

- there is recovery partition from HP available

- the recovery partition is working/intact

If no F11 option, the above are not met.

So, do you use Windows 8.1 ?  Did you install it on your own or with the assistance from someone [not preinstalled] ?

Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks

I work for HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only and do not speak for HP *** Volunteer *** My location: Europe ***
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I use windows 8.1 it came with windows 7 a friend helped me change to windows 8.1
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,600 9,505 767 3,528
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

F11 does not work probably because when Win 8.1 was installed, the Windows 7 OS and recovery partition were completely deleted.

OK,  here is another way to start System Restore

1. Get Windows 8/8.1 installation media (e.g. installaton DVD) or recovery media - the one that was used to install Windows

2. Insert it in the PC

3. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

4. Power it on.

4.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

5. Choose F9 for boot device options

Select to boot from the DVD (Windows media)

6. When you boot from it, choose languges > Next

7. Choose the option to "Repair your computer"

8. Choose Troubleshooting > Advanced options > System Restore

9. Follow the on-screen instructions to restore to previous point before the issue started.

If the above does not work, could you clarify if your PC came with Win 7 preinstalled by HP (aka OEM Windows) or you initially installed Windows on your own. I ask because your PC comes in variety of options and this may be important.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation