cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alam_X
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Regarding Reinstalling Windows 10 after replacing the SSD on Spectre x360

HP Recommended
Hp spectre x360 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings , 

I recetly bought  an HP Spectre  x360 (13 inch version) which came  with its own  genuine windows 10 .... now i would like to upgrade its 250 ssd to a higher one , but  then how  will i re-install the Windows 10 on the new ssd ?  Also there doesnt seem to be any  way of seeing my product key  or anything like that so  how will i activate the genuine windows 10 on the new ssd (even if i  manage to install it anyway)  ? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
visruth
Level 15
13,019 12,958 1,700 3,966
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

You can either clone system partitions of HDD to SSD using cloning tools like Macrium Reflect.
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Else do a clean install of Windows 10 Home by creating UEFI bootable installation USB using Microsoft windows media creation tool.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

Windows will be automatically activated after installation while connected to internet

Regards

Visruth
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,357 11,477
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would suggest making your Recovery Media to boot from and install Windows on the new ssd. No license key required to install Windows and all original drivers/software is restored.

Look for HP Recovery Manager in the start menu. Open it and create recovery media. >Windows 10

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation