cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bmmahendran
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Regarding "COPY FILE FAILS" error.

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
System info:
HP notebook pavilion 15 PC

The system was found to be slow, so I planned to reinstall the OS, I got the original recovery media discs from HP. I followed the standard procedures. The factory image recovery preparations tab showed three options
1) Reformatting the windows partition of the hard drive.
2) Copying files required to restore the hard drive.
3) Restoring files to the hard drive.

Initially while inserting the first disc it went smoothly upto 19% of progress and showed error names copy file fails. I repeated the process continuosly by restarting the pc. The error solved temporarily. It asked to insert the 2nd disc. Later the same problem arrived at 47% of progress. Pls suggest a suitable way to install the OS.
1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,087 8,056 813 3,944
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @bmmahendran

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

All possible reasons for your issues are:

- incorrect or corrupted recovery discs

- issues with your hard disk drive (HDD)

- some issues with your DVD drive

Please, perform some basic hardware checks

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD and RAM check.

Let me know the test results.

** If the tests of HDD pass fine without issues, please reach back to HP and ask them to send you another set of recovery discs - these might be corrupted. Double check with them the correct PC model

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - volunteer since 2013
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation