cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JoeOppenheim
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Registry entry SILSVC locked for administrator?

HP Recommended

Hi there

I am trying to install some SAP software on an HP Proliant N40L microserver with Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation Edition and it is failing due to denied access to the registry entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\silsvc".

On investigation, the administrator user does not have display or change access to this registry entry via REGEDIT.EXE.

Why would the administrator not have access to this registry entry?

It is a new installation on a new server:

• - The HP supplied Windows 2008 R2 FE (With service pack 1) system has been successfully installed
  • - All Microsoft Updates have been installed successfully
  • - No other software has been installed

I believe the HP supplied operating system is causing this lack of access.

How can I get access to this key?

Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation