Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Anirban1709 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Regular Blue Dump on HP Notebook

HP Notebook - 15-r250tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear Team,

Greetings!!!

It would be great if any one of you could kindly help me with your expertize.

The problem that i face is my Notebook suddenly goes slow i.e. the mouse pointer movement,browser window opening,clicks,scrolls,etc. Then there is a blue dump that appears and the system restarts.

I am not sure how i can attach the .dmp file. I can't open it with notepad/wordpad.

Request your Kind help!

Regards

Anirban

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Grad Student
Grad Student
228 14 53
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You might find the free version download of this useful:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

It will produce a report from the dump files identifying the drivers etc. causing the crash. 

0 Kudos
Anirban1709 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Karen,

Thanks for your response. I got the small piece of s/w installed, but this is what it dug up:

On Thu 08-Sep-16 5:52:44 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090816-16754-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7FD00)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800930E060, 0xFFFFF80000B9C518, 0xFFFFFA80097A1950)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I am not sure it could find out exact reason for the dump.

It would be great if any one of you could analyse the above report for a resolution of the issue.

Many Thanks to Karen once again!

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
228 14 53
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Clicking on the  DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE link brings up lots of search results for this problem. Lots of info to wade through! 

0 Kudos
Anirban1709 Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Karen,

Yes..I have been going through them..but till now nothing +ve has emerged. I shall keep hunting for an exact solution through Google.

Any body else if you find something kindly let me know.

Thanks 

Anirban

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation