cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
28 20 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace HDD with SSD in DV7-7205tx - is it worthwhile?

Hi - have been considering upgrading my O/S HDD in my DV7-7205 Laptop with an SSD. Considering this DV7 has a 32GB mSata SSD Cache already to speed up the existing HDDs, is this upgrade likely to improve the performance the laptop noticably, or is it just not worth it?

Any thoughts or experience on this?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
81,628 81,521 10,171 21,864
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace HDD with SSD in DV7-7205tx - is it worthwhile?

Hi,

Machine boot up time may not improve much but if you are running Office applications you can feel huge improvent specially when opening the applicatios. I don't play games therefore I can't comment on this field.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation