cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mcmikechan123 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace/Upgrade WiFi Network Card + Add Bluetooth

HP Envy TS 15 (Custom/Costco)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC doesn't get detect 5GHz and the increase bandwidth from my router, so I want to replace it. But before I take it apart, I want to make sure that I can do so and buy the right parts. Is this possible, and if so what should I get?

I also want to add bluetooth as I remember the website had an option to do so, but bc the Costco Set Config was cheaper, I went that route instead.  Is it possible to do this internally w/o an external part [like a usb dongle]

PS. Here is the  Product Number: C8P47AV       Is there like an installation/repair guide for my laptop model too too?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
9,667 9,581 896 2,603
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Maintenance and Service Guide found HERE, says there are several choices for the WLAN module.

675794-001 

710418-001 includes BlueTooth

690020-001 includes BlueTooth

709848-001

670290-001  If your unit has an Intel CPU - supports BlueTooth - this card has the best specs of the ones listed but looks as if none of these list 5GHZ as supported.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Am I  allowed to used other parts/cards or am i only limited/have to Stick to those 5 parts you listed? Where did you find it anyway? I really want to add 5Ghz & 802.11AC & Bluetooth, and ideally w/o external parts.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,667 9,581 896 2,603
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you looked at the link I provided, it is the manual for that model.  That is in answer to " Is there like an installation/repair guide for my laptop model?"  That means those cards were available from HP when that model came out.  You are free to try any other cards that claim to give what you wanted but it is up to the claim of the manufacturer whether it will actually work.

Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I looked at the manual and was wondering where you found the pdf file, and perhaps i didn't phrase it so well before, but what I was mainly asking is that although there are directions to the repair, there aren't any pictures to the motherboard from what I've seen so far (and even if there is, im not that familiar with it) and  was wondering if the BlueTooth can be added separately from the WLan card (is there enough room for it?).

I've also read that HP is very strict about other parts and the BIOS wouldnt accept them, rendering it useless. I really want one that can handle my 100mbps internet speeds, and my current card is the "Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter for use on all computer models" [709848-001] which only gives me at most 50mbps. While BT would be nice, i can forgo it if it means more speed. What do you suggest, do you know if other cards work?

I currently have a I7-4700mq processor w/ 16gb ram & 1TB SATA.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,667 9,581 896 2,603
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With this statement "I've also read that HP is very strict about other parts and the BIOS wouldnt accept them" - now you know why I worded my answer the way I did.  I am not a HP employee and do not have access to the specific information you require.  That is also the reason why I said it is up the manufacturer of the card to provide the best choice.  It would be best if you could do your shopping at a "brick and motor store" for the support and return policies they provide.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation