Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MartinSVK Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace motherboard HP Pavilion 15-N series

Pavilion 15-N207SA

Hi, I have question about replacing motherboard..

I have motherboard from HP Pavilion 15-N072SG fully working. My friend have Pavilion 15-N207SA which is not working /

when he insert the charger, the charger port light illuminates but when he press the power button it does not switch on/

So my question is can I replace motherboard in Pavilion 15-N207SA with a motherboard from  Pavilion 15-N072SG? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37018 5580 9624
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have looked at the Manuals for both laptops. There is a different Service Manual for the 15-n200 series and the 15-n000 series. The part numbers for the motherboards do not overlap. That means there is no motherboard that appears to have been used in both model series. This leads me to believe that they cannot be interchanged. However, the processor offerings are very similar and the motherboards look very similar. HP does not have an interoperability chart. No HP tech would ever try to make the motherboard swap you propose. But the only way to know for sure is to remove the dead motherboard and physically compare it to the good one. If the mounting holes and cable headers for the keyboard, video etc are all the same, and the mounting for the cooling fan (very important obviously) are all the same I would say you can do it. Post back if you need any more help.   

0 Kudos
MartinSVK Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi guys, it is working.. Only thing which I must found and order from ebay was a heatsink because as Huffer wrote the mounting for the cooling fan was different. But everything works like a charm.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37018 5580 9624
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please mark as Solution since this is kind of a "one-off" and needs to be made easier to access for people facing a similar issue. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation