cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
YOLOswag420
Level 1
10 5 0 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Replacement batteries safty issue

HP Recommended
Probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

So i accidently shorted out a usb port on my laptop and the 3rd party battery in it took the wrap for it. Absolutly everything on the laptop, including usb ports works like new, no damage what so ever, but now the battery % readings jumps from 40% to 7% when discharging and from 75% to 100% when  charging. i can still get 2 hours out of the battery before it behaves odd. I am ordering a genuine OEM battery pr06 for my laptop from a reputible seller in New Zealand. Is there a chance that the odd battery behavior could be caused part of the motherboard controlling power? And if so, this could cause problems woth the new battery couldnt it? How likely is this since everything is working flawlessly other than the battery, and i stress including the A/C adapter, the battery charges and discharges perfectly until 40%. So with this in mind, is it a case of a new battery, or a more dreded problem. And if i continue to use this battery for a week before i get my new one, will it explode?

Please help

I really want some advice

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation