Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
farskhan Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement display compatibility

envy 15t-q300
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my laptop's display panel. I wanna know if AUO B156HAN01.2 panel is compatible with my laptop. It has the same resolution, and 30 pin connector. Its a ips display, but my laptop came with a tn panel with model AUO32ED. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
228 228 19 37
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacement display compatibility

Hello @farskhan,

Welcome back to the Support Forums!

I understand you are looking to confirm that the part you found on Amazon will be compatible with your system.

The main difference between IPS and TN displays is in the way the LCD crystals are aligned. IPS displays generally produce a greater range in colors and wider viewing angles, but may have slow response times compared to TN displays.

Based on the information you provided on the display you were looking to purchase, it would appear to be compatible, however I hesitate to confirm it will work with the system as it is not listed as a replacement part based on the service manual.

To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation