cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
stanoil Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset BIOS Password EliteBook 8540w

EliteBook 8540w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have problem with buing_as_used laptop - Reset BIOS Password EliteBook 8540w - I can't reset with procedure - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Reset-BIOS-Password-EliteBook-8540w/td...

It's possible to solve this problem ?
Like : "SOLUTION: This is what I did and worked like a dream. Contacted HP, told them the problem. They "escalated the case," took my info. The next day I was emailed a file called SMC.bin. It is formatted specifically for my machine, has to match the UUID. Copied file to FAT 32 formatted jump drive, booted it as per the email instructions, reset bios password"

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation