Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (420 Views)

Reset laptop, now laptop isn't working

PLEASE HELP: A few days ago my laptop wasn't working very well. I was exploring my options and decided to reset it. I tried this and it told me there was an issue resetting it, so I tried resetting it again. Now the laptop will not fully turn on. It turns on and displays the hp logo then the screen goes blank. After a few minutes the hp logo displays again. All the function keys work but I can't find a solution. Could it just be the fan? Please help, my laptop is my life. The laptop is an HP Stream Model: 11-r010nr
0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 4 (405 Views)

Re: Reset laptop, now laptop isn't working

[ Edited ]

Try holding the Esc key down while booting and the press F11 to run the system recovery.  If this does not work, you might have to boot from a recovery USB to restore the laptop.  If you did not create one, you can order one from HP.  If this has Windows 10 on it, you can also do a fresh install using the downloadable installation media from Microsoft.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (360 Views)

I've tried that and it had not worked. I'll try that. How would I go about doing a fresh install?
Professor
Message 4 of 4 (352 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation