Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
39 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Resource Conflict – Serial Bus Controller & PCI Bus Issues - Cannot Load Windows 7 - PLEASE HELP!

Anyone have any ideas about a remedy?  I am ready to toss it and purchase another.   THANKS!

HP Pavilion Notebook,  dv9827cl

AMD Turion 64 x 2, Bios F.34

Windows 7, SP 1  (Upgraded from OEM Vista SP2)

PROBLEM:   This morning my system has a blank illuminated screen.  Upon power-on, the system eventually goes to the blank screen.  Can get to BIOS functions, but beyond that it will not load Windows 7. 

System was working with Windows 7 prior to this issue.  No recent changes or updates made to this system.   Stationary - No physical abuse.  Five (5) years old.  

Upon power-on, the screen gives PF keys, which enable me to enter the BIOS:

F1 – System Information > Clock still has correct date and time.

F2 – Startup Check  -> Both HD and RAM OK

F9 – Change Boot Device Order -> Can change device order, but it still won’t boot or respond to a System Recovery DVD in a USB DVD.  ( Notebook DVD stopped working before this problem happened.)

F10 -  Enter Setup

F11 – System Recovery – Two choices, but <enter> and arrow keys do not work.  (They DO work with other F-selections, but not with F-11 menu)

(1) Continue with System Resume 

(2) Delete Restoration Data and Proceed to System Boot

OTHER OBSERVATION:  When access PF1, I get the BIOS.  If I exit and save with PF10, I get a brief flash of error messages, then it goes back to the PF-selections and eventually to the blank screen.  Here are the error messages:

Bios Version F.34

ERROR

Resource Conflict – Serial Bus Controller on Motherboard

Bus 02  Device 05  Function 00

ERROR

Resource Conflict – PCI on Motherboard

Bus 02  Device 05  Function 01

ERROR

Bus 02  Device 05  Function 02

ERROR

Bus 02  Device 05  Function 03

ERROR

Bus 02  Device 05  Function 04

OTHER ACTION:  Tried a hard reset = Removed battery, held down power key about a minute, but no effect.  The data part of the HD is ok.  I can remove the hard drive and put it in an enclosure, then access the data with another computer.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Intern
Intern
39 0 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Resource Conflict – Serial Bus Controller & PCI Bus Issues - Cannot Load Windows 7 - PLEASE HELP!

Again, does anyone have any ideas about a remedy?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
richard_ja Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was getting the same error.  I disconnected the webcam on my laptop and the error went away.  I will be working with the laptop to see how well it holds up.  I hope this is helpful.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
39 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment.  I cannot access my system's boot, data, because my CD does not work.  I can take its disk and put it in a external enclosure and access the data that way, however.

0 Kudos
Guishiryu Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!
I have exactly the same problem on my HP dv6750, but I can't find an answer that really help me to solve it.
Well, this post shows the description of my problem, so, I don't want this question dies.
If somebody have the solution, please, help me to bring my laptop back to life again.
Thanks

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
39 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  I have not resolved this problem.  If I solve it, I shall be sure to post my solution.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation