cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Restarted computer, won't start

HP Recommended
Hp spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hi, I reseted my computer because it wasn't working very well. The figure that it was restartinh appeared, but it never started. The computer won't start again! Please help!!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,393 2,294
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Maiamigliaro,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer won't start after performing a factory reset on your HP notebook. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details,

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you made any software or hardware changes made on the PC?

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard Reset

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Run the system diagnostics test as well as extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2

Depending on the test results, If all the test passes, I would suggest you perform a System recovery again from the partition, Doing this will wipe off everything from the PC and set the PC back to the original factory conditions. If for some reason, it does not work which means either the partition is corrupted or system file is missing.

The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
58 54 1 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is really very annoying when you turn on your system, and it won’t boot. There can be many reasons for a non-booting computer system such as ruin motherboard, CPU, PC not receiving enough power, etc.
To resolve this problem you can try below solutions:

· Make sure all power switches involved with your computer system is “ON”
· Check Power Cable Connections whether all cables are working fine.

If above solution does not work for you, then I suggest you to take your system to computer repairing centre.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation