Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

H all,

I am trying to retore the default factory settings on my laptop.

But I cannot seem to locate where to do this. I've tried powering up the laptop and using the F1-F12 buttons but still cannot find the option to restore the laptop to its default factory build. I cannot see any option in the BIOS either.

Would be greatull for any advise / pointers 🙂

Thanks

🙂

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Tap the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen and see what options are available from the list.

If you don't see a recovery option, you will probably have to order a set of recovery disks from HP.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same issue on my Elitebook 840 G1

No any reaction on F11 button on sturtup and no Recovery Manager App in OS.

How can I request Recovery Media to restore recovery partition without loosing my Win 8.1 Pro license?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Call the HP phone # listed in the document below for the country you live in to order recovery disks.

Have the serial number handy to give to the customer services rep.

http://h50146.www5.hp.com/lib/doc/manual/desktop/business_desktops/332630_007.pdf

HP Recommended

>>Call the HP phone # listed in the document below for the country you live in to order recovery disks.

Thank you, but...

both numbers is out of service =(

Any other ways?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See if you can contact them by using the info below.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

HP Recommended

Thank you, Paul!

I have succesfully contacted to HP support in my country,

but they said that recovery partition can't be recovered at all  :Crying:

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The recovery partition can't be recovered, but can't they send you recovery disks so you can reinstall the operating system from the disks if you have to?

HP Recommended

I don't need to have disks to reinstall OS. I have OS from my MSDN subscription.

SN included in UEFI, so I have reinstalled OS manually already.

All i want is restore recovery partition to be sure that it will be helpful on demand.

It was destroyed with old HDD =(

So now I have fully working laptop, but without recovery partition.

Thank you for support!

HP Recommended

OK, then you will have to live with it that situation, because the recovery partition is only put on the hard drive at the factory one time only, and the HP recovery disks only put the OS back on the C:\drive.

Once it is gone, it's gone.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.