cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kija1794
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Restoring from HP Recovery

HP Recommended

I have had to use HP recovery disk after a major issue which required me to return to factory default. I have now got the computer up and running again however whilst reinstalling my recovery files from my external drive, using the MINWINPC files we experienced a power cut which resulted in the laptop shutting down during the re install process. The process will not now work any ideas please. The system recovery file was created with restorewiz files placed in it. but the exe file in the minwinpc folder no longer does anything.

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,469
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Look in your C: drive for a folder called "System Recovery Files". If you find it ,delete it. This is where your files will be restored to and if a previuos attempt has failed it will sometimes prevent next attempts.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

debes7
Level 2
25 20 0 5
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi CherylG

I also recovered to original and now can't get rid of the "system recovery files" folder.

How can I delete this folder?

It winds 153,163 items (35.9 GB), ask me for authorization, winds again and stops.

Any idea how to remove this folder?

Thanks

0 Kudos
harryjhaus
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have a similiar problem, but I have a new HD and purchased the restore CD.  The proble I am experiencing is during the restoration my laptop shuts down; no more.  The process ends and I try again, but it does not complete the process.  Could this be an infected BIOS?  HP Tech support could not help.  WTF!

-Harry

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation