cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Revolve
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Revolve 810 can't swipe to unlock Windows lock screen

HP Recommended

I have an HP Revolve 810 laptop/tablet used for business. There is a couple on issues that are very annoying. One of them is I can't use the touch screen to unlock from Windows lock screen I have to use physical keyboard to CTRL+ALT+DEL. I can't touch to swipe up to unlock the screen to enter username and password.

Another issue is when logged in Windows to search on to type the touch screen keyboard doesn't popup. I have to navigate to the system tray and tap to bring up the on-board touch screen keyboard.

I have check everywhere around for the settings and nothing that I can found to resolve the issue. 

Please help me in resolving this above issues.

Thank you

HP Revolve 810 business user   

4 REPLIES 4
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,904 720 2,780
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unlock:

Touch the screen with your finger and then slide your finger upthe glass. A quick flick of the finger will do.

When you’re in the door, Windows wants you to signin by clicking your name and typing in a password

For Onscreen keyboard refer the video in the following weblink:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Revolve
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have aleady tried that still didn't work. I have been tying to swipe everywhere from the sides, top, bottom.  

wilkindw
Level 2
20 17 1 4
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Don't know about swipes but

There is a BIOS upgrade F.43 that allows you to push the Windows button and flick the power switch instead of [Crtl]+[Alt]+[Del} - this worked for me my BIOS was F.41

Also I've read that using the onscreen keyboard you can press left [Ctrl]+ right [Alt] + [Del] to bring out ther login screen - I haven't tried it

Not Employed by any OEM

Providing Tech Support before there was a World Wide Web
AriSi
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had problem with locking function in tablet mode and with automatic screen keyboard features (W8.1 with latest bios, windows and intel driver updates)

I have to reinstal  hp system  back to basic: W 8.0 + normal windows  updates etc and now it works?

Brgds,

Ari

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation