cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rudi246 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Roll back BIOS on Pavillion X360

Pavilion x360 - 13-a110dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to boot linux from a live USB. I hav been able to boot Ubuntu from a USB before but I've done a BIOS update since then. Now, when I try to boot it goes to the grub menu, but then when I try to start it, I just get a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner. I've tried 3 different usb drives, tried booting different distros (Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian and Fedora), disabled secure boot in BIOS and tried legacy BIOS. It seems to me that it's a BIOS issue. I'm currently on F.35 Rev.A BIOS and when I try to rollback it shows the same version that is already installed. I downloaded the F.32 Rev.A BIOS file from the HP website, but when I try to install that it says "Unable to open BIOS signature file."

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 923
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Roll back BIOS on Pavillion X360

Hi @Rudi246,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums, I see you are having difficulty in rolling back the BIOS installed on the computer. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

Disclaimer: HP does not recommend customers to change the configuration of the computer, you can do that at your own risk. Support is limited to Windows.

I see you have already tried to rollback the BIOS on your own and also downloaded the older version on a USB stick and tried to restore is back and it has failed. 

Please refer to this article and try to rollback the BIOS again. If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer. 

Let me know if this helped,

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation