cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Evan_Williams Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rradeon HD 7690 dual-graphics doesn't work in hp pavilion dv6z-6c00 cto quad edition laptop?

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv6z-6c00 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC from HP's online store. The laptop was customized with a  Radeon HD 7690M discrete graphics card. There is a "dual-graphics" feature that allows a program to be configured to use either the low-power integrated graphics (a Radeon HD 6520G) or the high-performance discrete graphics (the Radeon HD 7690M). However, even when I set a program to use "high performance graphics", the program refuses to use anything but the low-power integrated graphics. When I use ATI's driver, it calls the card a "6700 series", and the card still does not work; when using HP's driver, it calls it the proper name, but the ATI Catalyst Control Center does not work (necessary to assign programs to the discrete card). There is no setting in BIOS to set the computer to use either card exclusively: in fact, there are no graphics settings, period.

Some examples of the games I have tried are:

- Minecraft (I know OpenGL does not work with Dynamic Graphics)

- Portal 2 (Direct X, so should work in theory)

Will I have to get the "special" BIOS update (outdated) that adds the setting for graphics switching?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
45,050 40,716 4,407 11,460
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rradeon HD 7690 dual-graphics doesn't work in hp pavilion dv6z-6c00 cto quad edition laptop?

I suggest dowloading and installing the latest driver for the radeon HD graphics module from the web support portal for your notebook.

What is the p/n for your notebook? (you can remove the main battery and get it from there or from the HP Support Assistant)

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation