cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Onerious
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

S.M.A.R.T. Array immenant failure Error 301

Greetings,

Device: HP Pavillion DV6-6047cl
Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Error: Immenant failure, Error 301.

Specs: Intel i7-2630QM (Family 6, Model 42, 7th Stepping)

1TB Toshiba MK1059GSM
8 Gigs of RAM (2x 4 gig sticks)

BD/DVD Drive

Broadcom 4313 802.11 B/G/N wireless Bluetooth combo

Description: I recently recieved an error stating my Hard Disk was in trouble. Immediately I ran a diagnostics test and recieved the error code U0BSTR-5L569W-MFH14J-608F03. I was wondering if any of the technicains on this forum could debunk what spacifically that code means? Temerature issues? Shock issues? This error has come out of nowhere. The laptop is treated with the up-most care I can provide due to its value. In other words, the laptop does not go through sudden movements, the humidity is never at a high point, it avoides all water, Maintains adiquite cooling useing a dual fan cooling pad (modified for extra airflow) and its natural CPU fan. Everything works well, no sluggishness or errors besides this quick code. I do understand that I will most likely need to replace the Hard Disk Drive, I just want to know if that error states anything that can help prevent it in the future.

Please and thank you for any assistance with figuring out the code.

~Andrew

P.S.: I do have a moderate knowledge with computers, so I can handle technical speak.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 10
5,977 5,441 387 899
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have taken great measures to prolong the life of the internal components. However, hard drives tend to fail due to the nature of how they operate.

The code just means the SMART system, most hard drives have this, has detected a potential failure. It could fail soon or it may take some time to fail. I recommend backing up your data and contacting HP if it is in warranty to have it serviced. The code would be used by the support agent to process the order.

If it is out of warranty, then it may be more cost effective to get a hard drive locally and using recovery disks to restore the original software.

You could try the steps in this document from HP to run a deeper test of the hard drive, though I'm not certain it would shed any more light on your question.
NOTE: It says tools, but you might have diagnostics menu depending on when it was made.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Onerious
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, thank you for trying. I have already taken the liberty to create a system image and back up important data. On top of that, I have contacted the company that handles the warrenty for this spacific laptop, as the HP warrenty expired not too long ago. I bought this laptop from NewEgg.com as a refirbished, if that clears anything up.

Yes, I take great measures to assure my computer componants live a long life, as I prefer not to constantly replace parts.

Again, Thanks for attempting to solve this question. Have yourself a nice day.

~Andrew

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation