Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (692 Views)

SD Card not recognized - ProBook 450 G1 Windows 10

I originally bought this notebook on Windows 7, the SD card reader was working fine.  Then computer updated to Windows 10 on its own and after inserting the SD card into the reader, it is not recognized at all.  No pop-ups, it's not seen on my Windows Explorer. I cannot find any specific SD Card reader drivers to download.  How can I get this capability back?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (680 Views)

Re: SD Card not recognized - ProBook 450 G1 Windows 10

Hi:

Download and install the latest W10 card reader driver from your notebook's support page...

The Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers enable the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71719.exe

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (659 Views)

This did not work.  I even restarted the computer after downloading in case I had to.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (657 Views)

Interesting...

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to try the driver directly from Realtek.

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the first item on the webpage.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation