Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jonathan0821 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SD card slot not working

HP elitebook 8530w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i insert a SD card into my Elitebook 853w runing windows 10 (64 bit).   Nothing happens.  When plug somthing into 1 of the USB solts,  it reganizes it. 

Please Help

-Jonathan

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1340 111 367
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SD card slot not working

Please check your AutoPlay settings.

Type Autoplay  into the Start Menu Search Bar and click on the "Autoplay Settings" result.

Choose a default behavior for 'Memory Card'. It might be set to 'Take No Action'.

More detailed info: Customize AutoPlay

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
          If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SD card slot not working

I cheecked and that's not it.  When I insert something in to USB or HDMI, the coputer makes a sound.  This is not the case with SD cads(no sound).  It doesn't reganize that i inserted an SD card at all.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1340 111 367
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SD card slot not working

Not all card readers are compatible with all cards.

What are the specs of the card you are using.

Is it SD, SDHC, SDXC ?. What is the capacity? 4G, 64G, etc.

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
          If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SD card slot not working

I have a 2 sandisk micro SD cads with adapter.  One is a 16gb SDHC class 4 and the other is a 32gb SDHC class 10... I have also tried a card reader with them both but it is like 12 years old.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation