cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Riibe
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

SMART failure ID

HP Recommended

I have an HP ENVY 4-1015DX

A SMART error indicates a failure

What does the code: u0fu0m-66a750-xd7x1g-60c003 indicate?

5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,664 93,321 12,270 26,099
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The code indicates the HDD on your computer is failing. Is it still under warranty ? If Yes, please call HP to have a replacement using the following contact points:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Riibe
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Does the code tell me what is failing? Is the drive overheating, did I lose sectors or tracks, etc?
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,664 93,321 12,270 26,099
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you STILL access to the HDD ? If yes, backing evrything up and replace it. If you can't access to the HDD, you may need to put it to an external enclosure and use a reconery tool to get data back.

http://www.wikihow.com/Recover-a-Dead-Hard-Disk

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Riibe
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,
There were issues, but I recovered what I needed. I even reformatted the drive in the hope I could lock out any bad tracks. The reformatted drive is working great, BUT... What does the message say? The drive is set to fail, but why? To hot, bad heads, too much drive current, or what?
Can any decode that number for me?
Can I get a list of SMART codes?
Thanks,
Don
Riibe
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
u0fu0m-66a750-xd7x1g-60c003
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation