Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So would you do that after you reverted back to windows 8.1 and do like a restore back to factory? **bleep** I really dont want to **bleep** it up even more. Everyone has so many issues either with reverting back to 8.1 or even keeping 10.  But I do know if I get windows 10 I'll do what that one guy said and not get it from the pop up in the icon tray

HP Recommended

Im a Gamer so i was playing  Far Cry 4 for 3 hours straight... after playing it i put it to sleep and hibernate as well, all good no problem at all 😄

Here @diarheadream, the link to downloading microsoft media tool which is use to re download and install windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And you have to revert to windows 8.1 and install....

HP Recommended

thanks so much man! ill try that before the last day to revert happens!

HP Recommended

@Sat3rn wrote:

Revert back and then download from Media Creation Tool not from the "Get Window 10" icon. I simply don't understand why you guy are feeling unsafe reverting back to windows 8.1.. its not like it installs all over again, it just reverts (10 minute Process).Then after you revert redownload windows 10 using the tool and your good to go...

Heres the Image of my BIOS and intel driver versionUntitled.png

wow that looks interesting.i dont understand that whenever i try to update my intel hd graphics drivers from device manager it says my drivers are up to date . but the screen shots posted by you suggest that infact there is a newer version of intel hd graphics available but i dont know why we aren't getting it.my present version is 10.18.15.4248 instead of 10.18.15.4256. have someone else tried doing a fresh intall by using media creation tool .BTW mine was a fresh install on july 29,2015.please if someone tries this method and succeeds kindly update this post.Thank you @Sat3rn for the above post.

HP Recommended

The gist I'm getting here in all of this is that a fresh install of Windows 10 may be the only solution, rather than doing the upgrade from 8.1.

HAS ANYONE DONE A FRESH INSTALL OF WINDOWS 10 AND THEN STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM?

Going to try it, once I've found the time. Not looking forward to it.

HP Recommended

Ok i letted my laptop hibernate by not plugging in charger and see if it freezes.It hibernated completely fine and then after 30 minutes i putted it to sleep again and it slept without any issues 😄 

HP Recommended

@eldavies wrote:

The gist I'm getting here in all of this is that a fresh install of Windows 10 may be the only solution, rather than doing the upgrade from 8.1.

yes ,mine was a fresh install.i did creat a usb by using windows media creation tool mentioned by @Sat3rn.but here the difference is that i created the usb on july 29,2015 and  @Sat3rn created it a day or two days ago.and he got latest version of intel hd graphics drivers i.e.10.18.15.4256 as opposed to mine i.e.10.18.15.4248. i don't know why is it so.

HP Recommended

@eldavies wrote:

yes i did. i installed fresh copy of windows 10 to my laptop by creating a usb by using the media creation tool mentioned by @Sat3rnbut here the difference is that i created the usb on july 29, 2015 and  Sat3rn did that a day or two ago,i guess.and i don't know why he is getting the latest intel hd graphics drivers i.e.10.18.15.4256 as opposed to mine i.e.10.18.15.4248.i dont know why is it so.

HP Recommended

yes i did. i installed fresh copy of windows 10 to my laptop by creating a usb by using the media creation tool mentioned by @Sat3rn. but here the difference is that i created the usb on july 29, 2015 and  Sat3rn did that a day or two ago,i guess.and i don't know why he is getting the latest intel hd graphics drivers i.e.10.18.15.4256 as opposed to mine i.e.10.18.15.4248.i dont know why is it so.

10.18.15.4256 was atomatically installed with or right after Win10 installation. 

This morning I got 10.18.15.4248 when I ran Windows update. So they reverted back to an older driver version.

10.18.15.4256 has also been removed from Intel download.

HP Recommended

@fasst wrote:

yes i did. i installed fresh copy of windows 10 to my laptop by creating a usb by using the media creation tool mentioned by @Sat3rnbut here the difference is that i created the usb on july 29, 2015 and  Sat3rn did that a day or two ago,i guess.and i don't know why he is getting the latest intel hd graphics drivers i.e.10.18.15.4256 as opposed to mine i.e.10.18.15.4248.i dont know why is it so.

10.18.15.4256 was atomatically installed with or right after Win10 installation. 

This morning I got 10.18.15.4248 when I ran Windows update. So they reverted back to an older driver version.

10.18.15.4256 has also been removed from Intel download.

ok thanks for the info/clarity .i  will try to rollback to version 10.18.15.4256. and will defer updates and check whether this version solves the problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.