Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have no reasons to stay on this thread since my issue has already been fixed.I just want to help the rest  of the people to fix issues.Don't think im trying to harm other peoples Laptops.

HP Recommended

The 6.0.1.7553 driver is not problematic.... i have it and im having no issues!

HP Recommended

Sibu16 wrote: It shows driver version:

6.0.1.7231dated 22 April 2014

For better quality--->check this

Interesting.  I've got 6.0.1.7548, which Windows Update claims is the most up-to-date version.

Incidentally, the driver offered on the HP Support site for my device is 6.0.1.7219.  I'd love to hope they put that there on purpose because the current driver has an issue... but more likely, they just haven't updated that particular driver listing for a while.

I'm unable to roll back the driver any further than 6.0.1.7535 (6/16/2015), so I'll give HP's listed driver, 6.0.1.7219, a try...

HP Recommended

@Sat3rn wrote:

I knew it was not the driver issue, your driver is dated 22 april 2014 mine is dated 7/07/2015 and version is 6.0.1.7553

and most of the people probably have more newer versions.Since i have this version why am i not having this problem? cause its not the driver at all...

I said, when you are facing the shutdown problem, before going back to Windows 8.1 and then upgrading, just check by the cmd command, if it shows any messege.
For me, upon a clean install of Windows 10 and installing this latest driver of Realtek. it showed "Realtek High Definition Audio" and it is currently in use under the system option. And after that when i did a shut down, it was not proper. Upon a fresh restart, it showed none, after a longer time, it again showed up the same driver. So somehow my system was using that driver forcefully which was preventing fopr a proper shutdown.

HP Recommended

@DanG82 wrote:

Sibu16 wrote: It shows driver version:

6.0.1.7231dated 22 April 2014

For better quality--->check this

Interesting.  I've got 6.0.1.7548, which Windows Update claims is the most up-to-date version.

Incidentally, the driver offered on the HP Support site for my device is 6.0.1.7219.  I'd love to hope they put that there on purpose because the current driver has an issue... but more likely, they just haven't updated that particular driver listing for a while.

I'm unable to roll back the driver any further than 6.0.1.7535 (6/16/2015), so I'll give HP's listed driver, 6.0.1.7219, a try...

It is not necessarily that Realtek driver is faulty. Its just that, the driver was in use while shutting down which was preventing from shutting down properly. For me, downgrading that driver solved the problem.

You dont need to uninstall that driver. Use your laptop for a longer duration, say 3 hours and then check which driver is in use. If it shows None in all, then do a shut down or a restart, but iimediately after you see that it shows None for all.  For me, whenever I see None, I am able to shutdown/restart properly.

HP Recommended

So it was only fix for your system clean installing windows 10 helped you? correct? it cant be applied on other pc's (it can be applied if it caused some people issue for me it didnt cause any issue and its not running under SYSTEM ) and my old laptop dv6 freezed again... oh well your solution didnt work on it and besides im happy im having no issues on my new laptop 😕 i do experiments on my old laptop

Spoiler

oops i accidently added a spoiler 😕 

HP Recommended

I've re-installed my old realtek audio driver, my current version is now 6.0.1.7195.

The first time i check is the restart system.

Well this is the first time I see my laptop restart normaly without loosing power and turn on again. The light in power button never goes off not even 1 sec.

I know it's a premature, i'll report it again after several tests.  

HP Recommended

@Sat3rn wrote:

So it was only fix for your system clean installing windows 10 helped you? correct? it cant be applied on other pc's (it can be applied if it caused some people issue for me it didnt cause any issue and its not running under SYSTEM ) and my old laptop dv6 freezed again... oh well your solution didnt work on it and besides im happy im having no issues on my new laptop 😕 i do experiments on my old laptop

Spoiler

oops i accidently added a spoiler 😕 

As i said, if you clean installed win10, try to install windows 8.1 drivers as far as possible for all drivers except Intel HD(i was not even allowed to do so) and Nvidia drivers, and prevent them from getting updated via windows update, if and only if you are willing to give that a try. It might take less time and also might prevent repeatative downloads of Windows 10 upgrades, as not all people have unlimited internet downloads per months. There may be some with limited download plans, may be.

I know you may not like this, because you would be with may be older drivers or drivers which are not actually meant for windows 10, but this is actually working, again provided that it is not in use

HP Recommended

The solution still is not working for my old laptop 😕 all my drivers are updated except intels and nvidias forget it im not trying more on that old crap cause i dont really use my old laptop

HP Recommended

@exliko wrote:

I've re-installed my old realtek audio driver, my current version is now 6.0.1.7195.

The first time i check is the restart system.

Well this is the first time I see my laptop restart normaly without loosing power and turn on again. The light in power button never goes off not even 1 sec.

I know it's a premature, i'll report it again after several tests.  

I'm right there with you.  Just reverted to the driver on HP's site, which for my device is 6.0.1.7219 (4/9/2014).  I had the same experience with my first restart, which seems promising.  We'll see what happens from here...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.