Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

For some reason the windows 10 EMI driver was never installed when I updated to 10 and the system kept that version 9 from 8.1.

I could verify this by using the wushowhide tool that showed me the available updated driver.

On an other updated to 10 HP Pavilion sleekbook that never had sleep or restart problem, I could verify it was still the 8.1 EMI driver being used.

HP Recommended

@re4med

This is why you are not facing any issues right now, because the driver never got updated on an upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool.(And as also commented by Zoomelliot). Because he also installed Windows 10 by the Upgrade method and not a clean install.
Thats what I was trying to say to all that this upgrade method has no logic as to why it is not causing any issues. I earlier too had said that this some driver issue, but I couldn't figure out which driver because I had already installed drivers all of which were of Win 8.1 except for the display adapters. Mr. Zoomelliot too had face no issue until he upgraded IME driver. But I don't know why Mr. sat3rn is always contradicting my steps, because in his workaround, MS can forcefully install an update which can be buggy, but in the methid described by me, I have already blocked the driver installtion, once everything start working fine, because if then onwards something buggy happens, it can be a Windows Security or Hotfix update and not a driver update.

HP Recommended
Yup, agree with that Sibu16.
My clean install Windows 10 with Windows 8.1 driver work perfectly now.
HP Recommended

Hello,

After testing all solutions (except revert/reinstall), this finally worked for me (Elitebook 8740w; updated from Windows 7):

- Program manager: delete HP ProtectTools Security Manager

- Install the new version, HP Client Security Manager from http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_141863_1

Version : 8.3.3.1786 Rev.A(17 mars 2014)

Hibernation at least works (the computer hibernates and awakens quite fast, without any problem) and the fingerprint reader is now operational to open the Windows session

(remains a small problem: a HP password screen opens and then a second Windows password screen).

Fingers crossed...

HP Recommended

@exliko wrote:

After doing that don't forget to block installation of drivers from Windows update like this in the 1st step and then afterwards blocking them using this tool, until Windows 10 stabilizes itself. Meanwhile they might be releasing the buggy Updates, as it looks as a Premature Release of Windows(They released it in a hurry)

HP Recommended

Turning off fast startup actually works. I have Pavilion x360 :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

@lentz25 wrote:

Turning off fast startup actually works. I have Pavilion x360 :OpenSmile:

did you try running your laptop for atleast 3 hours  or more, and then conduct a shutdown/reboot or sleep and wake operation?

HP Recommended

@bLizZaRd_95 wrote:
Re4med, is your laptop still working fine?

Yes.

HP Recommended

@Sibu16 wrote:

@exliko wrote:

After doing that don't forget to block installation of drivers from Windows update like this in the 1st step and then afterwards blocking them using this tool, until Windows 10 stabilizes itself. Meanwhile they might be releasing the buggy Updates, as it looks as a Premature Release of Windows(They released it in a hurry)

Yup, already done that, look at my steps that I post in page 104

HP Recommended
Has anyone noticed the new drivers for Intel hd * graphics on Intel drivers update util
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.