Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok ren4med i already said V11 WAS BUGGED AND MY SOLUTION WAS JUST A WORKAROUND i updated windows but the IME didnt got updated.Blizzard explain to me how i was being a TROLL? i did NOT come back to this thread for a long time ok? i just read the thread from 110 to 120. Now i know its been solved.

HP Recommended

@Sat3rn wrote:

Ok ren4med i already said V11 WAS BUGGED AND MY SOLUTION WAS JUST A WORKAROUND i updated windows but the IME didnt got updated.Blizzard explain to me how i was being a TROLL? i did NOT come back to this thread for a long time ok? i just read the thread from 110 to 120. Now i know its been solved.

I don't think this is the right platform for me to explain you what you are doing. Stop making this thread longer than we need it to be. Unless you are answering someone's specific question please stop giving us feedbacks(unless asked to do so).

I hope this was my  last unecessary post on this thread. And I would really like you to keep it that way as well!

HP Recommended

Im stopping but you shouldnt have called me a troll,red robot. Im helping other people on the forums( not this thread).

HP Recommended

Dan, it worked. I'll have to see how it goes on the sleep fuction over the days ahead. So far, it's doing everything right. Thanks for your help.

I still wonder about getting the hypothetical Intel driver version 12 and keeping on top of that.  As a not-so-sophisticated user, monitoring Intel or HP sites for driver updates isn't soemhting I've ever done. I let my system inform me about potential updates.  

I'm very suprised that neither MS nor HP, nor Intel as far as I know, have made a statement about this issue and about forthcoming fixes.

Luckily, I came here (and to MS forums) to get the solution from non-employees like you and others here.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@hpltprinterguy wrote:

Dan, it worked. I'll have to see how it goes on the sleep fuction over the days ahead. So far, it's doing everything right. Thanks for your help.

I still wonder about getting the hypothetical Intel driver version 12 and keeping on top of that.  As a not-so-sophisticated user, monitoring Intel or HP sites for driver updates isn't soemhting I've ever done. I let my system inform me about potential updates.  

I'm very suprised that neither MS nor HP, nor Intel as far as I know, have made a statement about this issue and about forthcoming fixes.

Luckily, I came here (and to MS forums) to get the solution from non-employees like you and others here.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear it!  Yeah, the communication from Microsoft/HP/Intel has certainly been subpar, and there definitely ought to be a v12 on the near horizon to fix this for everyone once and for all...  Lots of people don't stumble upon forums like these or aren't comfortable enough making such changes to their computer.

HP Recommended

@Little_Old_Me wrote:

I have just gone to add/remove programs and although my driver says it is version 9.5.2.1489 the Intel Management Engine Components says it is version 9.5.23.1766.

I have unistalled it and installed version 9.5.24.1790 as advised and in add and remove components it still listed as version 9.5.23.1766.

Why are the version numbers different?

I will let you know if it finally sleeps OK over the next few days.

Sometimes the driver and the acccompanying software use different version numbering.  When you install driver version 9.5.24.1790 from HP via the link I posted, the accompanying software is version 9.5.23.1766.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavillion g6 with dual core AMD and I had so many issues I restored back to W7. My machine would not; sleep, wake, windows was unable to do a restart, and most of the time when I forced a stop and then a restart it would give me a "exception"error. Plus it changed all of my file access. I tried many of the fixes but nothing worked. I would think twice about ever purchasing anouther HP.

@HPKeri wrote:

Re: RmeDad

I think it's INTEL / HP because I upgraded my Dad's HP Pavilion laptop and he has no issues and he is AMD as well. 

Very annoying. 

I hope we get a response soon - I've posted onto Microsoft Community Support (as their Chat Answer Desk isn't working) as well in case they have anything. 

I read an old HP article suggesting BIOS updating might sort the issue.

But i know that updating BIOS when it isn't required can mess with the machine (I did it last year and got BSOD - learnt not to update everything HP lists).

Does anyone know or tried an BIOS update?

HP Recommended

can anyone remind me of how to fix this, my desktop keeps dissapearing ALL THE TIME when i force shutdown!!!

HP Recommended

@BeasTech5000 wrote:

can anyone remind me of how to fix this, my desktop keeps dissapearing ALL THE TIME when i force shutdown!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/How-to-Resolve-Post-Windows-10-...

HP Recommended

Same issue here, it's very frustrating. Please fix ASAP, it's getting  old having to hard reboot every time I need to use computer. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.