cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RobT03
Level 1
5 5 0 4
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SP75152 Version F.35Ap1 Won't Install

Mark, here is the generic page; enter this link:   http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/;   then type in your HP product model number where indicated and walla, you will be taken to the drivers page.  All of your devices will be listed.  Just expand the respective lists and check your resident software version against the list of latest to see if you are up to date. 

As I indicated earlier, this is how I determined that HP Support Assist was indicating to update that was NOT for my competer, even though the update listed in subject was listed as "important". 

Sbergstc
Level 1
5 5 0 4
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This update is listed for my specific model using the hp.com page where it confirms the model of the laptop connected. It also lists the previous 2 bios updates that I applied. Like others have stated, this F35 bios will not install and I've tried all methods of installation... Via the website driver update page for my model, via HP Support Assistant installed on my laptop (where it shows up as a valid update), and direct download from hp.com driver update page. No luck...

I suppose there may be a valid reason, but more to the point, why is it listed for my model if it's not for my model  :O)?

Sbergstc
Level 1
5 5 0 4
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK... Here's an update... I checked my services and found that a few "automatic" services were not running. For instance, Windows Installer, Software Protection, and a couple of non related others. I think this is a clue... The installer is no allowing update and I'm going to finish and post back... Ummm, hopefully post back if nothing goes sideways.

Add...

Well it worked fine. Just a head's up... The installer is different... Earlier updates I installed used the InSyde installer; this used HP's own version.

I definitely believe the glitch I experienced was related to some automatic services not starting. I have been having some issues and been troubleshooting those which is what likely the reason for the non-starting services. Upon reboot with the new BIOS, all services started as normal.

Jbennett360
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here.

Envy D008na

Tried both the HP support assistant nd manually. Just won't install.

0 Kudos
Mark-J
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I absolutely agree with your last sentence This seems very silly and annoying. I've got the same irritating message now for the next one: SP74986. What's the point?!

0 Kudos
Mark-J
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Rob. I phoned the HP support people in the end, and we ran through the update process using the same page that you suggested, and attempted to perform a manual update. When it failed, the chap said that that was because it wasn't needed for my laptop, and within perhaps 2 weeks or so, a further update may be out which would possibly supercede F.35Ap1. That doesn't seem to have happened yet, bu I'm not getting the irritating 'important update' notification anymore. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BugFinder
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To all of you here, don't continue trying to install the update.

We did on 3 laptops last Thursday, and all of them now have a broken HDMI port. No signal is reported by our external screens.

The other 8 laptops we have, that didn't got updated, are fine. Our colleagues were about to update those too, but we stopped them in time, and told them to postpone this update so they don't get notifications from it and accidentally install it.

Models:  ENVY 13-D046TU, HP ENVY 14-j103tx

This happened on our first day handing these laptops to our staff. Since we had bought them in January we have had problems with them and postponed using them. After three months we got the audio driver fixed for Skype, and also got several touch pad replaced. (When you buy 11 laptops you suddenly know which touchpad is just not as it is supposed to be.)

(ps. of course we didn't use TeamPlayer while installing any BIOS, but I needed it now to remotely make a screenshot for this post)

Faulty-BIOS-postponed----Screen-Shot-2016-06-11-at-22.00.35.jpg

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation