cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
yanheng
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

SPLIT 13 X2 screen not turning on and not charging

HP Recommended

i recently bought a split 13x2 mo1otu from singapore, and the screen porton is not turning on and not charging.

here are some information:

1) both docking station and screen batteries have been drained recently

2) when the power adapter is connected to the dockng station, an orange light is seen. (charging normally)

3) when the same power adapter is conected to the screen, no orange light is seen, ie the screen is not receiving power.

4) the screen portion will not turn on, whether connected to the dock or not.

cheers, yanheng

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi yanheng, welcome to the HP Forums. Find the troubleshooting under "The computer starts, but the display is blank or unresponsive" in this document:  Computer Does not Start (Windows 8), unless you see more appropriate troubleshooting symptoms listed.

You won't be able to test the battery without a display. If you get the display back, try this:  Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎

Let me know the results.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
yanheng
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi!
Ive followed your instructions, but it still refuses to charge. Ive sent my split x2 to the hp service centre in singapore, and I am awaiting its repair.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Yanheng
0 Kudos
wizx
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, i too just bought my hp split 13 x2 from the US and i am having thesame problem, the sreen wont turn on, every other thing about the laptop is working very well. i follow the instruction on the link given above and i notice when i connect the split x2 to my LCD Tv screen, i notice it displayed, bringing up an HP inter phase, asking me to do system recovery, i tried it and it says unable to complete recovery of your window 8, i tried resetting the system to factory made and it get stock at 42%. 

Ok i desided to install a new window 8.1 pro, which went well but not properly done, because i now have to OS on the system (window 8 and window 8.1) when the system starts, it ask me to select an OS, when i select the window 8.1, it work perfectly, it display on my LCD Tv screen, i even us it to browse, but it cant display on the Split x2 screen. I even tried switching screen by clicking on F5 but i get this message "Your computer can not switch sreen, reinstall the drive or get an other video graphic"

I dont understand, should i download the graphic drive and install? what do i do to get the split x2 screen to display. And please if there is any HP service center in Nigeria, i will b glad if i am directed to. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi wizx, welcome to the HP Forums. I understand you are unable to view your display on your notebook. What is the model or product number?

Guide to finding your product number

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
wizx
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick responds, here is the model or product number.

- Serial Number : [edited by mod on 8-18-14]

- Product Number: E8C05UAR#ABA

I have install the graphic drive and it is still not displaying, also i forgot to mention that the split x2 is a refurbished one and i bought it on the 31-jul- 2014 from Centurion Technology Group, Inc in the US on ebay.

0 Kudos
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks wizx. Here is the troubleshooting for your symptoms:

Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 😎

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
wizx
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying, but that is the same trouble shooting that i have done before coming over here to complain, more so how is it even possible to open up the screen dock that house the battery? well i have concluded that i will take the system to hp service center here in Nigeria.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Pablitus
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem in my splitx2 bought in april in NYC. Sometimes the screen battery is fully charged and an white light is blinking like battery is over.

What I am doing to solve the problem is take out the screen tablet, let it in horizontal, in this position the screen start to run again and slowly put in vertical and conect again to the board. It demands time and pacience. Of course as I live in brazil no one from HP brazil like to fix the problem and they recomend to fly again to NYC to fix the problem with HP USA...

With movements the screen is again turning off, even when is in notebook position (conected with the board)

For me is a problem inside the tablet screen conecting and disconecting the image according with the position of the screen and with movements of the screen.

0 Kudos
Pablitus
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally my diagnostic is that there is something wrong inside the screen tablet wich according with the position make the tablet do not see battery conditions and assume is fully discharged doing the screen black. When there is conected as notebook it will depend on the keyboard battery, when there is in minimun 3% the screen will be black with small movements. When this is charged the tablet use the information from the another battery and keep working even with movements.

By other hand I saw the first days when I bought boths batteries, tablet and keyboard ones, were being discharged together. Now I see first discharge keyboard one and after the screen or tablet one. So now with the battery 2 (keyboard) fully discharged first, in any moment you move the notebook, the tablet do not see charge in its battery and so disconnect the screen.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation