Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Caiocfs93 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SSD FOR HP PAVILION TOUCHSMART 15 NOTEBOOK PC N020US

Pavilion Touchsmart 15 n020us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a SSD for my laptop but my laptop is not recognizing the SSD.

The model is the SSD KINGSTON SV300S3N7A / 240G . What should I do?

My notebook is compatible with SSD? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Caiocfs93,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you!

In your post, you had said that currently your Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n020us Notebook is not recognizing the new SSD drive. Are you getting a specific error?

To get you started, the document for Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected should take you though isolating the issue.

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If this helped resolve the issue, please mark this post as Accept as Solution.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Caiocfs93 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The message: Boot Device Not Found.

I bought the SSD because my  Hard Disk began to malfunction.

I looked in the BIOS some related configuration SATA but not found. To change the IDE SATA configuration to AHCI. And now also emulated an Operating System on a USB Pen Drive and the Notebook dos not recognize the SSD in any way!!

If the Notebook does not recognize the SSD. I have to sell the SSD.

Please help me! 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Caiocfs93,

Thanks for getting back to me on the situation. 

Have you attempted to enable legacy mode in the BIOS? Have you checked to see if there is a firmware date for the SSD?

I was not able to find any information in the service manual for that  notebook series to confirm a SSD is supported in that system. That does not mean you cannot install one, but support options and documentation will be limited.

Good luck.

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

0 Kudos
Caiocfs93 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I checked the LEGACY mode in the BIOS and has also updated the firmware of both the Notebook as the SSD and nothing...

I really want to use the SSD in my Notebook for better performance. But if it fails I will not have another option but to sell the SSD 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Caiocfs93,

I've looked into the situation further and found that the original drive for that model was 750GB according to these product specifications.  Again referring to the service manual, the minimum drive listed is 500GB, since you are attempting to install a drive with a smaller capacity, that may be where the issue is at this point.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation