cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ranjan17 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SSD M.2 SUPPORT IN HP PAVILION 15-AB032TX

HP PAVILION 15-AB032TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrage hdd to SSD in my laptop HP PAVILION 15-AB032TX.

So, first question is is it possible to do so?
if it is possible to upgrade will Samsung 850 EVO M.2 MZ-N5E500BW SSD be compatible with this device.

The laptop is still under extended warranty. Will this upgrade action void the warranty?

--Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38959 38774 5976 10412
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SSD M.2 SUPPORT IN HP PAVILION 15-AB032TX

It is a warranty issue and there have been lots of problems with compatibility. I would stay away from trying to add an M.2 mSSD to an HP laptop that shipped without one unless you don't care about time and money. Install a regular SATA SSD insead. Wish I had happier advice but a brief search on the Forum shows the depth and breadth of the problems.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation