cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Micksson7
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

SSD in HP Pavilion DV5-1207EO

HP Recommended

Hi!

I'm about to order a SSD and I'm wondering if it's possible to install this in the Pavilion DV5 and will it work properly?

Mikael

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Some_Tech_Guy
Level 2
26 24 1 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mikael,

What type of SSD are you looking at getting and what Operating System are you running right now currently - Windows 7?

0 Kudos
Micksson7
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, I forgot to wrote the details.

The SSD is OCZ (SLD3-25SAT3-120G) and I'm running Windows 7 32-bit.

Mikael

0 Kudos
Some_Tech_Guy
Level 2
26 24 1 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP DV7 and a OCZ 120gb Solid 3 SSD running just fine in mine. I had to reinstall windows from scratch but it is working great. I would imagine that it would work just fine in the HP DV5. HP DV5 should accept SATA III without any problems.

0 Kudos
Micksson7
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm aware of the Windows reinstallation part, the thing that I wasn't sure was if the DV5 would accept the SSD itself but I might just try it. Thanks for the answer 🙂

Mikael

0 Kudos
Some_Tech_Guy
Level 2
26 24 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome! Happy "fast" computing!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation