Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Screen black, three flashing LED by caps lock and scrn prnt.

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv4
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
So, Ive had this computer for a while, (not too long) and I've noticed a lot of people complained that the Screen turning black and not working again.
Now, in my case, my screws will not come undone, so I'm unable to check the memory problem (as the lighting sequencing indicates).
As such, is there ANY other way to check what's wrong? The screws are stuck in place, practically impossible to turn.
This is the first time this has done anything like this, and I've already tried the power resetting. It doesn't fix anything.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Awoken ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I hope that you enjoy posting with us.

I see that your computer is not turning on and you are getting a three blink code pattern. You are right that does indicate a memory problem. If, you could get into the operating system then there would be memory test that you can run but only if you can get into the operating system. You will need to open it up and remove the memory. Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for your model page 50 has removal instructions if you can get past the screws.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation