Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp zbook 17 g3 mobile workstat
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently got this computer & it came with windows 7. In the unsuccessful plight of getting windows 10, i must have done a couple things i shouldnt have (the only option i had was to restore to factory default). Now i cant download or install any softwares (itunes, autocad, revit), the fingerprint login cant be found and i still havent upgraded the OS.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the Zbook 15 G3 which is a very similar machine. Mine came with 4 disks...Windows 7, Windows 7 drivers and apps, Windows 10, Windows 10 drivers and apps. How did you go about trying to install Windows 10? 

HP Recommended

Mine came with windows 7 drives and apps and windows 10 drives and apps. i got an external drive to run the windows 10 drives and apps, but it wasnt successful. After some time the system refused to boot, taking me to a black screen saying únable to boot file, press f2.

That was when i restored it to factory default

HP Recommended

I might do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro from a thumb drive made from the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, then once you get a bare metal Windows 10 on it run the driver and app disk from within Windows 10. That is how I wound up getting Windows 10 on mine after it came from the factory with Windows 7. Windows 10 install at some point has trouble with usb DVD drives but will work with a usb thumb drive for some reason.

HP Recommended

Ok thanks, but would this reactivate the fingerprint (BIOS) and would i be able to install softwares ?

or thats another step ?

HP Recommended

We did not discuss the fingerprint in the BIOS. You have a fingerprint BIOS password? That should be stored in the BIOS and would still be there even if no hard drive were installed. It's your registered fingerprint, right? 

HP Recommended

Yes, its my fingerprint. I went to biometric devices and it showed a message stating 'windows cannot find 'C/Program Files/Synaptics/SynFP/WBF_TEK/SynapticsFMA.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. 

HP Recommended

So it is a Windows password? When you reinstall no password will be set. You will have to set up password logon again. 

HP Recommended

Yes, its a windows password. Id get the windows 10 and get back to you on it. Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.