cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Several keys on HP envy 15t keyboard not working

HP Envy 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I turned on my HP Envy 15t laptop yesterday several keys stopped working. They appear to be randomly placed around the keyboard: N, B, Caps lock, delete and a few others. I've tried several fixes that I have found on this forum but nothing has worked thus far. I now have an external keyboard hooked up and it works fine, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a laptop. Any other suggestions?

I'm definitely at the point of accepting that it's probably a hardware issue and my keyboard is on the way out. If so anyone know what I need to buy for a replacement? My warranty expired last month, of course.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sol

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,294 1,987
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @solcoop, Welcome to HP forums

I understand some of the keys on the keyboard has stopped working on your laptop.

Since you have already diagnosed by connecting an external keyboard.

It is a hardware issue and you have to replace the keyboard to get it fixed.

Please find part number for the keyboard.

Keyboard For use on all computer models in the United States 720244-001

Please refer maintenance and service guide for more information: http://hp.care/2evQeGA

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, but I have another question. The maintenance and service guide you linked doesn't appear to be the correct one for my computer, because there is no external battery on my computer. My model number is 15t-ae000 and when I search for the maintenance guide for this model it appears to have very straightforward instructions for replacing everything inside the computer except the keyboard. Has anyone replaced a keyboard in this model before? Do I need to take everything out in order to access the keyboard?

Thanks,

Sol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,294 1,987
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@solcoop, thanks for the response.

Since I did not have the right product model number.

I gave you generic maintenance and service guide for envy 15 laptop.

And since you have found the right service guide for your laptop.

Even I don't see an option to replace the keyboard. But you can refer to video instructions to replace keyboard using the link below.

Link: http://hp.care/2dHE9cS

Select- Product category, Product family, and Product series accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation