cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
janwillem_v
Level 3
22 16 3 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Silent BIOS install/deployment Pavilion X360 S100 and S125

HP Recommended
Pailion X360 13-S100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it posible to silently update the BIOS of a HP Pavilion X360 13 S100nd?

Inside the update sp73593.exe are some files like "InsydeFlash.exe" but don't know how to run it sillently.

I know its a consumer model, but we've got 110 of them, so manually is a lot of work.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
janwillem_v
Author
Level 3
22 16 3 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@janwillem_v wrote:

Found a partial sollution. You can edit the "platform.ini" file and "turn on" silent mode. This works fine unless you use Bitlocker. You'll get a message box that Bitlocker must be disabled and that the flashprogam does this temporarely for you.
Hopefully I'll find a way to anwser that automatically also.

I solved this as followed (all are new laptops and OS installations):
Edited the platform.ini file as discribed above.
Made a package in sccm
Added the package in a tasksequence. Run this package BEFORE you enable bitlocker and add a "reboot computer" task. BIOS gets updateted and after that the task sequence resumes.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
janwillem_v
Author
Level 3
22 16 3 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found a partial sollution. You can edit the "platform.ini" file and "turn on" silent mode. This works fine unless you use Bitlocker. You'll get a message box that Bitlocker must be disabled and that the flashprogam does this temporarely for you.

janwillem_v
Author
Level 3
22 16 3 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@janwillem_v wrote:

I solved this as followed (all are new laptops and OS installations):
Edited the platform.ini file as discribed above.
Made a package in sccm
Added the package in a tasksequence. Run this package BEFORE you enable bitlocker and add a "reboot computer" task. BIOS gets updateted and after that the task sequence resumes.

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation