cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Teesha
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Simple Pass on HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC Not Working!!

HP Recommended

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC with a 64-bit operating system, Intel CORE i5, and Windows 7.

I've had this laptop for about two years, but recently it's been giving me grief when I try to log in with my Simple Pass. I had two fingers registered and neither would work, so I deleted them and tried to register them again. But now "It looks like you're having some trouble. Would you like to try again?" keeps popping up and my fingers won't register.

HELP :(.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Teesha
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please, if anyone has some advice, I'd be opened to trying it out.

0 Kudos
UniProg
Level 9
4,677 4,711 236 575
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Teesha,

What is your product number?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Teesha
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SYSTEM.png

There's a screen shot of all the info I have.

I don't have the box anymore.

I currently have HP SimplePass 2011 (32-bit) installed. It's what came on the laptop.

0 Kudos
HandyAndy14
Retired
Retired
394 960 38 154
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Teesha,

I understand your HP SimplePass is still not functioning correctly. I recommend clicking on the link below and following the steps to resolve the issue:

http://goo.gl/RPf2Ny

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
Teesha
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It didnt work for me :(. If I dont swipe correctly (I swipe diagonally, or too far to the right) it tells me what I'm doing wrong. But once I get my finger in the right position and swipe, it tells me "Looks like you're having some trouble. Would you like to try again?"

0 Kudos
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried cleaning the fingerprint sensor with a soft cloth moistened with a bit of ammonia based glass cleaner(Windex)? "Sometimes" it is the little things.;)

Get your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key or check the Service Tag attached to bottom, may be under battery.

Once you have the info,  click the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Download drivers' from the menu. Enter your Product Number. After entering PN click 'Go". On the next page click 'Drivers"use the dropdown to select your Operating System . A list will populate with drivers/software.

Download & Save the latest Validity driver and SimplePass Software.Go into Control Panel,Programs & Features and uninstall SimplePass. Open Device Manager, right click the Validity and choose Uinstall. Restart the laptop. Next install the Validity driver you downloaded. Next install SimplePass you downloaded.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Teesha
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think my sesor is broken.

I updated it yesterday and it was still giving me the same message, so I wiped it down with some windex (I sprayed some onto a paper towel and wiped it gently, and then wiped it dry) and now its not working at all.

It says, "Sensor not connected. Please connect sensor and try again."

How would I go about getting my senor fixed?

0 Kudos
HandyAndy14
Retired
Retired
394 960 38 154
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Teesha,

I recommend calling into HP Technical Support as you'll have some options available for getting the sensor fixed.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
aminefr71
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation