Note on archived topics.
04-06-2013 01:32 AM
04-06-2013 12:17 PM - edited 10-24-2016 12:03 PM
Many programs are written as 32 bit for the purpose of flexibility.
You might want to take advantage of the latetst version of SimplePass -- the latest version contains bug fixes and has features not found in earlier versions. This version runs on 32bit and 64bit machines and on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
EDITS: 18 May 2013 - updated version of HP SimplePass
Edits 24-Oct-2016 - updated Series 6 HP SimplePass link
- Shown below is the last update for any version 6.x of AuthenTec HP SimplePass.
- Series 6 HP SimplePass, that is, any version 6.x (or earlier) of HP SimplePass does not work on the latest Windows 10 builds. Please switch to the latest Series 8 HP SimplePass.
About Series 8 HP SimplePass:
- Series 8 HP SimplePass is NOT an update to the older AuthenTec versions. Series 8 HP SimplePass is written and provided by a different company (Softex) -- different encryption, different program. There is no conversion available between the two programs -- it is necessary to create a new Webcard (Vault) database for your websites / passwords.
- Links to software and Drivers, information, and examples:
Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines
Last / latest AuthenTec HP SimplePass, version 184.108.40.2066:
You likely do not need to change your fingerprint Driver as it controls the hardware and the driver you have now is compatible with the latest software.
Check for Current Validity Sensor Driver Version
One of the paths to get this information…
Control Panel > “view by” icons > Biometric Devices > Properties > Driver >
Look at “Driver Version”
Prior to installing the latest version of the software, and indeed on a periodic basis from now on, you should be sure to Export your webcards. The webcards are like bookmarks with passwords, that is, your websites used with SimplePass. In the event that you must ever remove the SimplePass software from your computer, the backup (filename.tsd) can be used to import your websites-passwords after you have completed the initial setup of your install of the software.
Export the Webcard Database:
When you have working SimplePass software, Export your Webcards. Webcards are bookmarks with passwords attached. In the event that you must remove the SimplePass software, your webcard backup can be used (imported) to restore your website login information.
Start SimplePass > Settings > Export
NOTE: File will be named *.tsd
Simple update instructions:
- Download the SimplePass installation file (above)
- Reset your Driver by going into the Device Manager > Biometric Devices > Select the Validity Sensor > Right-Click on the Sensor > Uninstall (Do NOT delete the driver)
- Reboot / Restart the computer to allow that driver to reinstall itself
- IF you have any issues with the driver, download and install the new driver (above)
- AFTER the driver resets,
- Install the SimplePass installation package that you downloaded