Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ZP3 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Slow battery recharging - ZBook Studio G3

Zbook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just recieved my ZBook G3 Studio and sometimes the battery appears to take a long time to recharge. In some cases it seems to take 20 minute to increase by 1%. I haven't done any offical tests but it seems that if I unplug/re-plug in, the power cord the rechardge rate improves. 

I've got a couple ideas to test - wondering if going into, coming out of sleep mode might be were things go wrong.

Thanks for any thoughts and/or suggestions.

-Peter

1 REPLY 1
Radovid Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Slow battery recharging - ZBook Studio G3

I have the same problem... And at the moment I feel really frustrated by It.

The "solutions" I found on the official HP forums are simply not plausible.

They require stripping off batteries, praying on knees and use of magic potions made out of frog eyes and snake skin.

For instance:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-ZBook-G3-Battery-is-plugged-in-but-doesn-t-charge...

As it seems it is a flaw hidden somewhere between the bios and the drivers. It also seems it is an old problem which appears to happen to different HP Laptops. They could have solved it by now as the problem seems to be a few years old.

I thought I have a high end product and I found myself with problems like this (just installing Windows 10, proved itself as a big challenge)... And they want to compete with Apple.... :-D :-))

BR

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation