Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
41 33 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Smart Print Now Worthless

HP Recommended

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the latest update to Smart Print.  This is a Windows 7 64-Bit on an MSI A6200 Notebook.  I can understand Smart Print blocking out certain copywrited items like celebrity photographs; but when it prints maps and directions from a page which has no printable view button, it blocks out the map.  Somebody at HP made this ap worse.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
41 33 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On my Windows 7 64-Bit, Smart Print only works when accessed from Bing Bar.  It is quirky, but eventually it comes up in a usable way.  However, it is completely worthless on my XP-Pro.  Apart from Bing Bar, as on the Windows 7, it does not work.  With Bing Bar I see no way of adding Smart Print.  With Microsoft, does HP want to phase out XP support too?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had Smart Print on my toolbar for ages, since a friend

built and installed a PC for me two or more years ago.  It was a great feature.

Now it has disappeared off my toolbar.

I researched as to what to do, and it said delete the smart print and download it gain, so I did.

It was located in "downloads" but when I clicked on it, it said "not properly installed.

So, I Downloaded it each time, and finally I have it listed in my list of programs menu and it seems

to be properly installed.

However IT IS STILL NOT ACCESIBLE ... IT'S NOWHERE ON THE TOOLBAR.

I don't know what to do.

I not only like it, I sometimes need it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
41 33 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sogno, if it weren't for you, then I would not have remembered that I started this forum.  None of this stuff works 100%.  If you have Firefox, then Smart Print will work there, one improvement HP introduced.  As far as IE is concerned, up to at least IE9, you have to go into Manage Addons and enable Smart Print.  Then right click right underneath the URL bar.  Choose Customize and Add or Remove Commands.  Look for the Smart Print icon in Available Toolbar Buttons.  It seems to work more often in the 64-Bit version of IE.  If you can't find it, then maybe it has something to do with the page.  As I said earlier, nothing works 100%.  In that case, bring up the same page from which you want to print in Firefox and enable Smart Print.  There it is more likely to work.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation