Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Laneann Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Smart hard disk error hard disk 1 (301)

Hp 15-g019wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My computer starts up to a black screen displaying smart hard disk error hard disk 1 (301), f2 system diagnostics enter continue start up. Run diagnostics hard drive failed with an error code. Tried to reset bios start up no luck, tried to do the recovery it says pic need to be repaired and won't let me go any further. I lost my recovery discs when I moved into my new house. Help
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
72479 8790 18879
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please contact HP using the following information to order a new set

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

HP may charge you (out of warranty) around $36 for P&H.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Laneann Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a way I can make a recovery image? I
0 Kudos
Laneann Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I received my recovery usb followed the steps and once I hit usb boot, it goes to a blank screen and stays there. So what do I do?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation