cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jjackso861
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Snow White HP Chromebook Exterior Cleaning

HP Recommended

We just purchased a new chromebook for my son which is used at his school.  Within the first day he started to get black finger print marks on the cover.  Unfortunately taking a towel to it does not remove the marks.  Is there any type of cleaner which can be used.  My first suggestion was to wash your hands more but we are looking for any insight on cleaning.  We have tried the Mr. Clean dry sponges also with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
daniel71317
Level 6
312 300 42 68
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have used WD-40 to clean tough dirt spots and sticker residue off the exterior of a laptop. You will want to go back over it with something like Windex as the WD-40 will leave an oily feeling. The Windex will take that right back off. Did he say what made the marks?

0 Kudos
Computerer51
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have the same Chromebook and I use a pencil eraser to get rid of the dirty marks. It can be a bit tedious to "erase" the whole computer but when I do it looks almost brand new. You probably have found a solution by now but I just thought I'd comment anyway for anyone who has the same question.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation