Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Split X2 (Model E3A10AY)

I received this Notebook 3 weeks back, on receiving I immediatly prepared the recovery media on USB. (USB Flash 32GB V220w)

After fully upgrading to windows 8.1 and updating, installing Kespersky Internet security, I started using it. But it immediatly become slow and often started freezing.

So I started off with restoring it to factory setting and when I did it nearly half way it freezed and started giving message that recovery media should be inserted (even when it was in USB port), and gave only three option log, details and retry. I pressed no of time retry but it does not goes beyound that scree,

I again started to procedure but it never complete the procedure.

What could be the problem and how can I recover from It.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What is the complete product name of your HP notebook?

Have you tried the following:

Press the power button and then immediately tap the Esc key to invoke the startup menu. Press the F11 key to invoke the HP Recovery Manager and then select Factory  image recovery.  The wireless button must be illuminated (on).

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply

Yes I have done this, but recovery procedure again goes to same point of saying recovery incomplete press retry, when I press retry it does not move ahead but says recovery media not found even when that HP USB 32 GB stick is in place.

HP Recommended

I will ask to have your issue escalated.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi @chotto ,

I have sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private message then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for all the help everybody.

Problem was solved by some configration changes in the BIOS.

HP Recommended
Hi@ chotto,
I am having similar problem on my hp split13 x2 , after I tried upgrade to windows 10 . After installing Windows 10, I had issues with sound and video playback. As result I was under the impression that i had installation problems and decided to reset to factory settings and that did not work. I ordered a recovery drive from HP, but that did not work. I tried to call HP for help, but they were not able to figure out. What changed did you make to the BIOS to get the computer going. Thx
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.