Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Some Keys on my Laptop Sometimes dont work

HP Recommended
EliteBook
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

The following keys on my HP EliteBook Laptop sometines work and sometimes dont.

2, w, s, x

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,321 41,568 4,542 11,932
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Plug in a USB keyboard the next time it happens to test the PC. Press the same keys on the USB keyboard. Do they also not respond? If that is so, there is an issue with the notebook's system board

Power on your notebook and immediately begin tapping the F2 key. 

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostic  UEFI utility should open. Click on Components and then click on the keyboard selection. Click on Run Once. Please post your result here in your thread.

If the result is a fail, it means one of a few things. Either there is a sticky substance (sugar from coffee, tea or a soft drink) on the keyboard or there has been a failure at the keyboard connection on the system board or a problem exists on the system board.   A Warranty repair will resolve the issue. Write down the failure ID and contact HP Customer Support by email or chat.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I ran the diagnosis. The keyboard test failed. Here is the Failed Id: GGFQ7R-7LT89E-MFGJL1-GQ1003.

My product ID is JSP80UT#ABA.  I will really appreciate help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used the product number that you provided in a Google search and it came up with nothing. 

JSP80UT#ABA ,iunfortunately, is not a valid product number.

I suggest using the HP Support Assistant and looking at the bottom of any window.

The correct product number will be there. You can also find it while booted into Windows .

Hold down the Fn key and tap the Esc key to invoke the system information dialog.

As I stated in my previous post, you will need to contact HP for warranty service.

If you are using a USB keyboard as a temporary workaround, you can locate the Support portal for your notebook by clicking on the links available in the HP Support Assistant. 

Check your warranty status Here.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. The product number is J5P8OUT#ABA and S/N: 5CG5080CLP.

What does the Falure ID means?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A failure ID is an official failure of a device that HP uses as verification that a device has a serious issue. 

You and I have completed the thread and I have guided you to a solution.

There are other threads and members who need attention..

You now know there is a failure.

Contact Hp for warranty service if your device is still in warranty or search and locate a source for a replacement notebook. 

I am not an HP Employee.

#HelpStopTheSpread

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, thank you very much for your support.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation