cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OmarH Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some keys are not working on my laptop

Hi

I have problem in my keyboard , i was playing one day and i turned off the pc and i opened it the next day and i found that some letters doesn`t work and they are (6,7,y,u,h,j,n,m) so help me to solve it and my pc is hp Pavilion g6 so help me

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 626
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @OmarH,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the keyboard issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that a row of keys are not working.

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number and Operating System of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:
HP Customer Support - Products
Which Windows operating system am I running?

In the meantime, did you install any updates recently?  Have you tried performing a System Restore, to set the notebook back to its previous working state?  In the meantime try reviewing the following document that is related to the Operating System:

HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
OmarH Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,sir

ok thank you and im sorry to tell you that but this steps didnt work or i need to format the windows

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 626
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @OmarH,

That is no problem!

Before performing a System Recovery, to put the notebook back to its factory settings.  Try testing the hardware, using the UEFI Components Test.  You can use the documents below to assist you:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)

Please let me know the results.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
OmarH Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,sir

sorry to tell you that but the link doesn't work sorry to tell you that

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 626
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @OmarH,

Thank you for the information!

Try using a different browser.  I just tested the links, and the seem to work fine for me.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
OmarH Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi SIR i mean that when i click HP hardware diagnostics it open with an error and the error is Error 404: EJCBD0021E: The URI [spa:Z6_M0I02JG0KGSS30ACT8MPG200G1/html/hp.com/go/techcenter/pcdiags] and parameters [['pragma'=['no-cache']]] could not be processed: [EJPEI0088E: The resource [hp.com/go/techcenter/pcdiags] could not be found.]
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
6,182 5,326 349 626
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @OmarH,

Do not worry about that.  Just continue with the rest of the document.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation