cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mombo Tutor
Tutor
17 8 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Speakers crack and buzz only with online video. Loaded music and DVD's sound fine

I have a HP 15-r011dx Notebook PC with windows 8.1 and when on youtube or CNN videos, the speakers carack and pop. The commercials that CNN play prior to the story are fine as is a DVD or my loaded music. I relly do not want to reinstall. I have had the computer 3 weeks and I am not sure if it has been there from the beginning. I have updated everything from HP including BIOS and have tried a different browser and adjusted volume levels. Windows has done updates.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
4,037 3,687 232 476
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Speakers crack and buzz only with online video. Loaded music and DVD's sound fine

Hello mombo, welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're having an issue with sound quality in with your notebook. I will try to assist you with this.

Here is something for you to try:

Open Windows Control Panel > Sound > Under Playback tab, double click on Speakers to open Properties > Go to Advanced tab > From the drop down, select the highest quality stereo output. By default its on the second lowest setting which is DVD quality > Apply and close.

If the above did not help try:

Move from the Playback tab to the Recording tab. Double click on Stereo Mix to open the properties and repeat the steps done earlier. Go to Advanced tab, select highest quality from the drop down > Apply and close.

If you still are having audio issues, I would like to direct you to this thread: Troubleshooting Guide: Audio does not Work after a Certain Period of Time, by my colleague @SuperMario1  .

There are basic audio troubleshooting steps for you to try under the title "A Round of Troubleshooting". Also, you may want to read over the rest of that post, just to make sure you don't have the same issue happening in a different way.

Please let me know how everything goes.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
mombo Tutor
Tutor
17 8 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I ended up taking the computer back to store, exchanged for the same on, and this one has the same problem. Tried you fixes to no avail. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,037 3,687 232 476
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I have a few other ideas, though it becomes more of an environmental issue. Something (I couldn't say what) is causing the interference with the audio. As this only happens with online videos/music and not from anything ran of the notebook or DVD directly, this indicates it would be something to do with the Internet.

There could be Internet issues, bad signals via wireless or bad connections to the websites. Are you having any issues with streaming?

You could also try connecting to your network with an Ethernet cable, to test. Maybe the issue is in streaming over wireless. Again this could indicate some sort of interference.
You can also test with proximity's to your router. If you notice the issue goes away in certain locations but is apparent or worse in others. Check to see what is around, other devices could be causing the buzz.

Do you notice any issues in streaming video/sound on other network capable devices (iPhone, Desktop, etc.).

The last possibility, again this goes back to poor/bad Internet could be the router itself. If it's older then it could be "going".  

I know none of the above are direct troubleshooting suggestions for the notebook, but two doing the exact same thing is very rare. More often then not it's and indication that "something else" is happening. The idea's and tests above could help in figuring out what exactly is going on.

Let me know how it all goes.
Thanks.

I worked on behalf of HP.
mombo Tutor
Tutor
17 8 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You hit the mark! When I am ethernet connected, it goes away. Have not been out to use another wireless system so I hope it is my wireless or some type of interference in the building. Will let you know. Be sure your tech support people have this as an option because nobody mentioned it. Each time I had to completely restore, bunch of work.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation