Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP expert your reply is useless to me. Seriously its a laptop and I am using it for basic things and its constantly running hot.  Does HP care about is clients I just paid 2700 singapore dollars for this and I am not satisifed nor am I interested in how you use it. 

Understandable I need to solution to my specific issue.  HP you have the opportunity to address this now with care or respectfully people are going to hear my disadifaction from your product and service. 

I dont wish to spend me time sorting this out. I have already asked for help and your giving them this reply. 

HP Recommended

thank you Volunteers, but I need actual support. 

HP Recommended

@Mindsetinst

We are not "official" HP Tech Support. You should have a folder that came with your Spectre with contact number for Tech Support. You can also access it using HP Support Assistant on your Spectre. Open HP SA and look for Support tab.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

@erico You are torturing that little X360 aren't you? :LaughingTears:

I always do that to product loans.  :TongueOut:

It isn't like the product loan Omen 15 that had an "is that all you've got" attitude, regardless of what I put it through.

@Mindsetinst

I second what CherylG suggested.

If you are not happy with the suggestions and recommendations you find here, then your only other option is to contact HP directly for support.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Mindsetinst wrote:

Only browsing internet 

Only browsing is no longer a light duty CPU task.  Facebook and Reddit pages can consume a great deal of CPU cycles.

HP Recommended

@eelw I absolutely agree. Just try browsing internet on an older machine with less powerful cpu and gpu to see in real time how they struggle.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I had an issue with my Spectre 13-w0xxx running hot.   I looked on task manager and saw Audiodg.exe was taking like 12gb out of 16gb of ram.    Did some research and found this is an audio manager service thst is part of windows 10.

Not exactly sure how I fixed it, but seems like this can be a known issue with Windows.

i think i tried disbling and re-enabling audio devices.

I turned off sound enhancements and removed some unused drivers.

It hasnt happened in a few weeks.

i would look in task manager and sort by CPU and the  try memory and see if you can see something happening.   You could also look in resource monitor after task manager.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.