cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mercymar Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre X360 13-4103dx battery li is abysmal

Spectre X360 13-4103dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This Spectre X360 is only 6 days old and the battery life is abysmal. 

The battery life is comppletely opposed to what HP advertises. For me, the advertised 12.5 Hours of battery life was the key point to buy it. But I can barely get 4 hours of light use.

Is this an isolated problem or a common proble with this model.

I am really dissaponted. I would like to keep it as I like the rest of it, but the battery, struggling to get barely to four hours is completely unacceptable. HP is misleading customers.

This issue is forcing me to return it and look for alternate options.

What are the best settings for Better Battery life?

I do word processing and light web browsing to do research and the battery life is very dissapointing.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
41,111 39,587 6,156 10,683
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do you have the screen brightness set? That is the biggest factor. If you lower the brightness you can extend the life significantly. The runtime claims of laptop makers are like gas mileage claims for cars; true, but only under ideal, laboratory conditions rarely achieved in real life. 

You are not the only one to complain. I also have a laptop that is designed for long battery life; Lenovo Carbon X1. I get maybe 5 hours and Lenovo claims 8. I am very happy with 5 hours as I have been using laptops long enough to know that claims of "all day" battery life are not realistic. 

0 Kudos
DaveDUtah Tutor
Tutor
8 7 0 8
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just bought my Spectre X360 13-4103dx yesterday. (I had a -4003dx before that, but the motherboard died--out of warranty). The 4003dx would regularly get me 7-8 hours of near-constant normal use. 

I've been using this one for 13 of the last 20 hours, and I'm pretty sure the battery is even better than the previous one. At one point of constant installs and running a backup over FTP of my documents (via Duplicati) in the background, I had been on battery for three hours and still was above 50% of battery remaining. 

That's 3 hours of downloading installers, running installers, syncing many GBs of OneDrive folders, and running a remote backup in the background, all with the screen one or two clicks down from max brightness. I'm getting astounding battery life. 

After resuming the intense activity this morning around 6 am, I went until about 12:30 before deciding to plug in at 30% battery life remaining. 

If you aren't dumbfounded by how long the battery lasts on the x360, there's probably something wrong with your machine. You might want to see if you can exchange it for another one. 4 hours of light use means there is something terribly wrong with your machine.

FWIW, in between this x360 and my previous one, I tried really hard to like a Lenovo Yoga 900. It had twice the memory, twice the SSD space (16/512) and nearly 3x the screen resolution (3200x1800) as this one, for the same price. Yet I still hated it for a number of reasons, not the least of which was getting only 5-6 hours of actual battery life instead of 7-9 hours. And that was with a screen that seemed to never be quite bright enough. 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,111 39,587 6,156 10,683
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am pleased to hear you are happy with your battery life. We do get a lot of posts here from people who are not. I guess I am still waiting on the golden ticket where I get a laptop with 9-10 hour battery life. Good to know they are out there. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation