Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 9 (3,208 Views)

Spectre X360 battery life issue!

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have bought a Spectre X360 with core  i7, 8 GB RAM and 256 SSD. It says that the battery is up to 12 hours. However, my laptop have not been staying more than 6 hours and it's quite hot. Most of the time I just let it runs a BlueStack app. I have made a test as below:DESIGN CAPACITY 55 mWh

FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 55 mWh

CYCLE COUNT -

Battery life estimates

Battery life estimates based on observed drains
PERIOD     -     ACTIVE AT FULL CHARGE - ACTIVE AT FULL CHARGE
2015-06-17      4:10:03                               -   4:10:03 -
2015-06-18      5:13:26                               -   5:13:26 -
2015-06-19      3:55:11                               -   3:55:11 -
2015-06-20      4:15:07                               -   4:15:07 -
2015-06-21      3:14:41                               -   3:14:41 -
2015-06-22      4:03:31                               -   4:03:31 -
2015-06-23      5:06:29                               -   5:06:29 -
2015-06-24      4:51:29                               -   4:51:29 -
2015-06-25      4:37:13                                -  4:37:13

Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install
Since OS install 4:17:06                               - 4:17:06

Has my laptop got problem with the battery life?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 9 (3,194 Views)

Re: Spectre X360 battery life issue!

Greetings for the day dqthehoang,

Regarding the battery life and battery backup that has been mentioned here, when the unit says battery upto 12hours, on a idle situation the battery life is upto 12hours or when you are using minimal applications,

There are certain applications which would use more battery power, check when you are using any particular application if the battery drains, try updating BIOS through HP.com and Try running battery test through HPSA to check the functionality of the battery,

Perform battery calibration on a timely manner to keep the battery in good shape.

Regards,

Zoan

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 9 (3,137 Views)

Hello Zoan and technical expert,

thank for your advise, I did it and it's a little better but it's not what I expected.

Following the HP Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8), I did a battery check again after doing a battery calibration. The result shows in the picture below. I don't know why the Full Charge Capacity is only 95% and the Remaining Capacity is lower while the current State: Charged (100%). Please help!batterycheck.png

Honor Student
Message 4 of 9 (2,804 Views)

I have the same battery life issue, last 4-5 hours and it's new. HP is the VW of laptops making claims of up to 12.5 hours. 

Top Student
Message 5 of 9 (2,509 Views)

Yeah, sorry.  Hp really doesn't seem to care about this issue and it's exceedingly annoying that they can stamp false claims of "12+ hours of battery life" onto products that will barely last you 9 hours if you're lucky.  I have this same laptop and I can tell you right now that 12.5 hours is not possible if you are even considering using your laptop for anything relating to computing.  12.5 hours is probably only possible if you want to buy a machine to stare at while it idles on your desk doing absolutely nothing.

Intern
Message 6 of 9 (2,285 Views)

Yes, HP really do not care, as someone else said, HP are like VW who claimed great emissions results but in reality they were massively worse and now they are going to be fined massively by the US government.

I think we should consider to talk to our lawyers and consider a class-action or individual suit against HP and getting in touch with the IT media and publications to let them know this deception or problem, this is really bad.

I know part of the problem is Windows 10 but for an experienced IT person with an i7 FHD only getting around 5-6 hours battery life since new, for the past 3 months, with the laptop passing all the HP support assistant checks, running on Power Saver settings with Batter Saver enabled and 25% - 50% screen brightness, just reading news websites (i.e. light browsing) next to a strong WiFi connection, is REALLY not acceptable, that's just about the lowest usage profile I can imagine apart from not actually using the laptop.

Honor Student
Message 7 of 9 (2,141 Views)

If anyone from HP customer service reads this-I have called and had my spectre II assessed as teh battery does not hold a charge long nor can I get it to turn on when it goes dead and I try and recharge it.  I have spent 6 months trying to get some type of resolution. I am going to get rid of this computer and ALL THE HEADACHES it has caused.  The companyt approach made it even more difficult than it had to be. No people and no concern.

NOTE TO COMPANY-If my laptop won't even turn on HOW THE HELL can I GO ONLINE?  PLEASE  Have customer friendly people to answer and direct calls of frustrated customers.  I cannot tell you how much I hate your company now because of the lack of concern to customers. Your employees did not email me back nor did they call me back. Shame on you for wasting people's precious time and lives in dealing with your malfunctioning electronics.

Put me on the list for the class action suit.  PS This is the only product I have ever purchased that has elicited this response from me-downright anger.

Honor Student
Message 8 of 9 (2,140 Views)

If anyone from HP customer service reads this-I have called and had my spectre II assessed as teh battery does not hold a charge long nor can I get it to turn on when it goes dead and I try and recharge it.  I have spent 6 months trying to get some type of resolution. I am going to get rid of this computer and ALL THE HEADACHES it has caused.  The companyt approach made it even more difficult than it had to be. No people and no concern.

NOTE TO COMPANY-If my laptop won't even turn on HOW THE HELL can I GO ONLINE?  PLEASE  Have customer friendly people to answer and direct calls of frustrated customers.  I cannot tell you how much I hate your company now because of the lack of concern to customers. Your employees did not email me back nor did they call me back. Shame on you for wasting people's precious time and lives in dealing with your malfunctioning electronics.

Put me on the list for the class action suit.  PS This is the only product I have ever purchased that has elicited this response from me-downright anger.

Message 9 of 9 (2,139 Views)

@whydidibuyanhp

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation